September 2014 Recipe of the Month!
Guittard’s Best Ever Brownies
- 4oz Guittard unsweetened chocolate
- 2oz Guittard bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9″x9″ square pan with foil covering the bottom and extending up the sides.
- In a double boiler set over hot water, but not to hot as to boil, melt the chocolate and the butter stirring occasionally until smooth. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt at a high speed for 2-3 minutes or until light and creamy. Proceed to blend in the chocolate at a low speed, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. Add flour just until incorporated.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 40 to 50 minutes until done or until top is puffed and cracked