June 2014 Recipe of the Month!
Rustic Fruit Pie
Butter Pie Crust
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 2 tbls. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Orange Juice
- 5 tbls. ice water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, powdered sugar and salt.
- Cut butter into pieces and scatter on top of the flour mixture.
- Using a mixter, cut the butter into flour until it is in pea-sized pieces throughout the flour.
- Stir the vinegar and orange juice into the ice water. Sprinkle the ice water over the flour mixture, mix until blended. Mixture will look crumbly, but not wet or sticky.
- Wrap dough and chill 4 hours or overnight